046: How do I obtain a website for my department or organization?

All campus departments and organizations and research groups are encouraged to have a website or home page on the Internet. This lets people contact you easily and lets you tell them what your department or organization has to offer.

To obtain a department or organization or research group website:

1. Select a faculty or staff member to be responsible for the content and maintenance of the page. If applicable, determine which student(s) will be involved in maintaining it.

2. Each person assigned authority to work on the website must have a Mines MultiPass account, which shows Mines student or employee status.

3. CCIT requests that any person with rights to change the group pages familiarize themselves with the Maintaining Your Web Site page (http://ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-Web-Maintaining-Your-Web-Site) before working on the site.

4. Submit a support request through Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" (http://helpdesk.mines.edu) to request your new web site. Include the name of the department, or organization, and the names and email address of the individuals who will maintain the web pages. Requests must be made by a staff or faculty member.


© 2017 Colorado School of Mines | | Equal Opportunity | Privacy Policy | Directories | Text Only | Mines.edu | rss

Last Updated: 08/04/2017 08:23:15