- What is OrePrint?
- How do I use OrePrint?
- How much does OrePrint cost?
- How do I add funds to my OrePrint account?
- How do I use Web Print?
- How do I use Mobile Release?
- Where is OrePrint?
OrePrint is the new printing system that CCIT has implemented, which provides several key features:
- Web Printing: From the OrePrint web app, you can submit jobs to OrePrint & OrePrintColor for PDF & common Microsoft Office formats, without needing to map to the print servers -- this works well for kiosks, ChromeBooks, and other personal machines.
- "Follow Me" Printing: With two print queues, OrePrint & OrePrintColor, you are able to print from anywhere to the cloud, and pick up your print outs at any OrePrint release station or OrePrint Mobile Release printer across campus.
- Print Account Management: Also from the OrePrint web app, you can manage your printing account, including:
- Check Your Balances
- You can see the "OrePrint" balance as well as the Tech Fee balance that is granted every semester (new in Fall 2017!)
- Redeem OrePrint cards to your OrePrint balance
- Transfer from your OrePrint balance to another user
- Coming Fall 2017: Adding funds online via credit card to your OrePrint balance
- Check Your Balances
You can use OrePrint by:
- Log into OrePrint with your MultiPass and select Web Print:
OrePrint Web Print screenshot
- Map to \\cyclone\OrePrint on your computer, FAQfinder has resources for mapping printers:
OrePrint's prices as of August 21, 2017 are:
|Color single-sided||Monochrome single-sided||Color duplex||Monochrome duplex|
You can buy OrePrint print cards in either Arthur Lakes Library or CTLM Computer Commons in $1 and $5 increments. CTLM Computer Commons also sells $10 and $20 cards.
Once you've purchased a print card, here's how to add it to your account:
Look for the Mobile Release label on the printer:
Mobile Release QR Label
- Scan the QR code with your QR reader of choice - iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- This will take you to a specific site for releasing your print jobs on that printer:
OrePrint Mobile Release Login Screen
- Login with your MultiPass.
- Release or cancel all...
OrePrint Mobile Release All Print Jobs
OrePrint Mobile Release Some Print Jobs
of your print jobs.
Full Release Stations:
Arthur Lakes Library (LL220) - COLOR
CTLM Computer Commons (CT156) - COLOR
Student Center (SC100) - COLOR
VanDerwerker Lounge - Monochrome only
Perez Lounge - Monochrome only
Elm Hall - Monochrome only
Maple Hall - Monochrome only
Weaver Towers Commons - Monochrome only
Marquez Commons (MZ135) - Monochrome
Mobile Release Only:
Petroleum Undergraduate Computer Lab (MZ302)
Chemical Engineering Computer Labs (AH430 "Coady" & AH262)
CECS Printers through out Brown Building, including CECS Open Computer Lab (BBW270)
MEL Printers (CT123 & CT125)
Metallurgy Computer Lab (HH251)
Future locations of OrePrint: To be determined - if you have a suggestion, please fill out a Mines Help Center request at: http://help.mines.edu