126: How do I access a shared Exchange calendar in Outlook?
To access a shared Microsoft Exchange calendar:
- Open Outlook and click on the calendar icon at lower left.
- Right click the "Shared Calendar" (or "People's Calendar" or "Other Calendars") item in the pull-down list.
- Click "Add Calendar."
- Click "Open Shared Calendar" (if available).
- Type in in the name of the shared calendar in question (if known) or click on the "Name" button and look it up.
- Select the correct calendar and click "OK."
Since most campus users of Microsoft Outlook are using Outlook 2010, these instructions apply specifically to that version. Other versions of Outlook including Outlook on the web (and, for that matter, other programs such as Mac Mail) can be configured to see shared Microsoft Exchange calendars. For help with shared calendars, contact support via the Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" (http://helpdesk.mines.edu).