111: How do I connect to OrePrint or another network printer from a Windows computer?
For OrePrint, you can either:
- Connect to the OrePrint website (https://oreprint.mines.edu) and submit a job via Web Print.
- "Map" a printer on Cyclone, \\cyclone\OrePrint following the instructions below.
On a Windows 7 system:
- Click: Start > Control Panel
- Select Hardware > View Devices and Printers
- Click the "Add a Printer" button.
- If the printer is not listed, click "The printer that I want isn't listed."
- Enter the path of the printer desired, e.g., \\cyclone\OrePrint.
- You may be prompted for your MultiPass credentials, you will need to enter your username as "ADIT\username".
For other Printers: The Mines print server called Lightning manages most departmental printers. The procedure for connecting to a printer will differ by operating system version. Before you begin, you will need to know the name of the printer you wish to install.
Many printers are restricted to their owners, or to departmental use, only. If you get an access denied error and you believe you should have access, please submit a Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" (http://helpdesk.mines.edu) support request for further assistance.
MacOS and Linux users may generally print to the same printers that are available to Windows users. For MacOS, please refer FAQfinder #43 (http://ccit.mines.edu/faq043) for more details. For Linux, however, the procedures for installing networked printers is beyond the scope of this FAQ. Please submit a Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" (http://helpdesk.mines.edu) support request for further information on these procedures.