039: What is CCIT
The Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies department at Mines (CCIT for short) builds and maintains most of the campus computing and networking infrastructure. CCIT is also responsible for desktop-computer and lab-computer support, classroom AV equipment, the phone system, student records, payroll, and other sensitive data. Visit the CCIT website (http://ccit.mines.edu) for more information.
For help with any computing or networking issue on the Mines campus, please request support via the Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" (http://helpdesk.mines.edu) or walk into the MHC Technology Support Center in the Computer Commons (CT156).
CCIT is made up of several internal groups. Here is a partial list:
- The Classroom Technology group manages computer labs and AV equipment across campus.
- The Client Services group provides desktop support and web services. This group administers Mines Help Center.
- The Computing and Networking Infrastructure group provides networking, telephone, and security support. The group also administers most of the servers on campus.
- Enterprise Systems administers campuswide, mission-critical systems like Banner as well as campus email, web pages, Trailhead, and other services.
- The High-Performance Computing group administers BlueM and Mio HPCs, and provides associated training and resources.