I’m having trouble getting my phone or computer to
connect to CSMWireless wi-fi. What am I doing wrong? See
ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-netreg or bring it by the TSC.

Can you help me install a fresh copy of Windows on my
personal laptop? Sure. Bring your computer and power
supply to the TSC (CT156). (If it’s a desktop, just bring the
tower.) We will advise and guide you through the process.

I can’t log into my email or school computer. Can you
check my account? Sure, come over to the TSC. Make sure
you bring your BlasterCard or a government-issued form of

I need to print a poster for class. Is there somewhere on
campus that I can print it? Of course! Bring your file to the
Computer Commons (CT156). We’ll walk you through the
process. See ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-Printing for pricing and
additional information.

My computer may be infected with a virus. Help? Save your

work and bring your computer and power supply to the
Welcome to Mines Computing!

I’ve got to work on a school computer late at night. Where
Do you like FREE software? The following software (and
can I go? The Computer Commons (CT156) is accessible
more) is free to current Mines students:
24/7 with your BlasterCard. (After regular business hours,

• Symantec Endpoint Antivirus (Win & Mac)
the Computer Commons is unattended.)
• SolidWorks (Win)

I love technology and talking about it with others. Can I
Mathematica (Win, Mac, & Linux)

work at the TSC a.k.a. Helpdesk? TSC loves tech stuff too!
AutoCAD (Win)

If you’re interested in working with a bunch of techies and
MathCAD (Win)

increasing your tech skills while getting paid to support
Most Microsoft programs including Windows OS and
others, stop by the Computer Commons (CT156) for more
Office. See: ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-Microsoft &
information on how to apply.

• Learn more about available software at:
More Help

Phone support:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
CCIT student consultants operate the Technology Support

Center hotline at 303.273.2345. They are available to
What technology should I bring to Mines? Do I need to buy
quickly guide you to the right solution, group, or service.
a computer? Tablet? Phone? Laptop? Printer? CCIT

recommendations may save you some time and money:
We have a growing collection of FAQs and HowTo
NOTE: Do not connect printers to the wireless network.
• faqfinder.mines.edu: Accessible from any computer with

an Internet connection.
What are CCIT, CTLM, TSC, and Computer Commons?
• Y:\Common\Self-Help directory in your Windows file
• CCIT (Computing, Communications, and Information
manager. Accessible from any campus lab computer.
Technologies): We provide computing support and

services at Mines. We are found in the CTLM.
Our FAQs and HowTo documents answer questions like:
• CTLM (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
“How do I map to a network drive?” “How do I add a
Located at 1650 Arapahoe St, next to Marquez Hall, in
network printer?”
the southeast corner of the Mines campus.

What CCIT web pages should I look at next?
TSC (Technology Support Center): Find us in the east
• The main CCIT website: ccit.mines.edu
wing of the CTLM (room CT156), just around the corner
• Our Getting Started pages:
from Einstein Bros Bagels. The TSC offers hands-on
computer support from student consultant employees.
• Manage your online accounts: identity.mines.edu

Mon-Thu: 7am - 11:45 pm
Fri: 7am - 5:45 pm
For elevated support requests, you can open a “Helpdesk”
ticket at helpdesk.mines.edu. Please provide as much
Sat: 9 am - 5:45 pm
Sun: 9am - 11:45 pm
information as possible so that we may better assist you.
The TSC operates on first-come, first-served basis.

You should be present while we’re supporting you
and your IT-related issue.
For account support, please bring your BlasterCard
or other government issued form of ID.
• Computer Commons: General-access computers in CT156
are loaded with most software you’ll need for classes,
printing, and more. Open most days 24 hr/day. (After
regular business hours, unattended.) Come log in.

rev 6/12/17