Guides & Reference
|CCIT staff members and consultants prepare guides that are intended to provide concise, basic information about using Mines computing resources. All of the information below is available on the CCIT web site and some items are available as handouts at the front desks of the Computer Commons, CT 156A. This is step-by-step "how to" information that will enable you to quickly learn how to create accounts, use electronic mail, create web pages, print from the computer labs, etc.|
Use of the CSM computing network requires adherence to CSM and CCIT policies; please familiarize yourself with the policies before using CCIT resources.
- Creating Computer Accounts
- Electronic Mail
- Network Connections
- Internet / World Wide Web
- Campus Web Services
- Content Management System (CMS) Documentation
- Converting MS Word Documents to PDF format
- Scanning Images to a Home Page
- Remote Web Page Maintenance
- HTML Assistance (from HTMLHelp.com)
Free CCIT-managed Antivirus software for all members of the Mines community, both academic and personal machines, whether on-campus or off.
- Printing Information for CCIT Labs
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Unix and X-Windows Quick Reference DiskUse-Web
- Using Nero to Create CD's in CCIT Labs
- VI Editor Quick Reference
Where are you located?
Our main offices are located in the Computer Commons, CTLM 156.
What are your hours?
Computing Center location hours:
7am - 1145pm M-Th
7am - 600pm F
9am - 515pm Sat
9am - 1145pm Sun
Special or limited hours may apply for holidays, breaks, and summer