|Computing accounts are available to all CSM students, faculty, and staff while they are actively enrolled or employed at CSM. These services continue during summer breaks and over other periods that may include normal school holidays, study abroad, internships, sabbaticals or extended leave. Special arrangements may need to be made during semester or longer absences from campus, or any time official records may indicate inactive employment or academic status.|
CCIT Account Quick FAQ
To begin, all Mines students, faculty, and staff should activate their ADIT, Trailhead, and MultiPass accounts. This can be done in one process using the EKey issued to you on or before your arrival at Mines. (If you have lost, or never received, an EKey, but have a photo ID, you can have a new one issued in the Computer Commons, CT156a.) Students activating these accounts for the first time will also be directed to activate their MyMail email accounts during the same session. Faculty use a different email system which requires a separate process, noted below.
- How do I activate my Adit, Trailhead, and MultiPass (and, for students, MyMail) accounts? (http://ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-New-Accounts)
- What if there is a problem with my campus username? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq134)
- Faculty & Staff email activation (http://helpdesk.mines.edu/exchange.shtml)
- Password change tool (http://newuser.mines.edu/password/)
- How do I change my passwords? (http://ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-Change-Password)
- What makes a good password? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq081).
- How do I create a personal web page? (http://inside.mines.edu/CCIT-Personal-Web-Sites).
- How do I change my ADIT, MultiPass, or Trailhead password? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq022).
- What types of quotas exist and what are they? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq024).
- How do I access Blackboard the first time? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq054).
- How do I access files in my ADIT account from my home computer? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq007).
About your Mines EKey
Your Mines username and EKey unlocks and activates access to electronic resources at Mines, such as email, labs, modems or general Windows, Mac, and Linux services.
New students should receive an EKey via U. S. Postal Service, at their address of record, several weeks prior to arrival on campus. If you did not receive an EKey card in the mail directly from Mines, or need one for any other reason, you may get one from a staff member at the Computer Commons Front Desk (CT156a).
What is an EKey and what does it do? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq004).
Keep your EKey private and safe. Treat it with the same care as you would treat a Social Security card or a credit card.
CCIT Accounts for Active Members of the CSM Community
- Many Linux servers on campus, such as Imagine, Illuminate, Pebble, Faraday (Voodoo) and Fermat, can be accessed by authorized users with MultiPass login credentials. Isengard, also accessible via MultiPass, provides access to general Linux system resources like shells, compilers, and applications.
- The campuswide Windows domain, ADIT, is of course accessed with your ADIT credentials. This login is used for Windows computers in classrooms and labs, and for desktop machines around campus and in most departments. Faculty and staff need this account prior to requesting their Mines email account (ADIT/Exchange), which is itself accessed using ADIT credentials.
- Trailhead is the campus e-portal. You will log in here for access to employment information, class schedules, and much more.
- Blackboard is an e-learning system available to faculty, staff and registered students who have active Mines email accounts. Instructors may expect and require access to course material online via Blackboard. Get started here (http://inside.mines.edu/faq060).
Account Management Tips
- Keep passwords, EKeys, and other account credentials private.
- Choose a good password (http://inside.mines.edu/faq081).
- Watch your disk quotas (http://inside.mines.edu/faq024).
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [5-Feb-2015 5:30-8:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [29-Jan-2015 5:30-8:30pm] Emergency Trailhead/Banner Maintenance
- 6-Jan-2015 5:30pm until ~7:30pm] Banner Systems Outage
- [18-Dec-2014 5:30pm until ~6:30pm] Workflow System Outage
- [3-Jan-15 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM] Campus Wide Service Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.