Logging in to Trailhead
- If you have not already activated your Trailhead account, open a web browser to http://newuser.mines.edu to create a password. You will need your campus user name and EKey to complete this operation.
- Open a web browser to http://trailhead.mines.edu/. Trailhead will notify you if your browser is not supported.
- Enter your username and the password discussed above. Your Trailhead username is typically the same username used for other systems on campus, such as Blackboard and lab accounts.
- You will be required to set five security questions/answers.
- ** New Graduate Students **: If you have not yet received an EKey, please follow the instructions sent with your acceptance letter for accessing your Trailhead account for the first time, or if you are on campus, bring a photo ID and your CWID to the Computer Commons Front Desk (CTLM 156A) during regular business hours.
- Trailhead accounts are automatically created after a student or employee are entered into the Banner system. This happens after a student has officially indicated that they "intend to enroll" for the coming term or after an employee is entered into the HR/payroll system. The important component of your data being entered into Banner is that you are assigned a Campus Wide ID (CWID) and username, and are set as an active or current student, employee or faculty. A Trailhead account cannot be created without a CWID, username, or active status for the user.
- For students:
- Your username is printed on the left side of the mailing containing your EKey.
- If you no longer know or have your EKey, or if you are a new student and have not yet received your EKey mailing, see Lost EKey information.
- Lost EKeys can not be retrieved. A new EKey can be issued.
- For employees:
- If you do not know your username, please contact CCIT support staff. Call 303-273-3431 or submit a support request at the Mines Help Center.
- If you do not know your EKey and you are on or near campus, please bring a photo ID and your CWID to the Computer Commons Front Desk (CTLM 156A). If you are not on or near campus, please contact CCIT support staff. Call 303-273-3431 or submit a support request at the Mines Help Center and we can arrange for an EKey to be sent to your address of record.
- Lost EKeys cannot be retrieved. A new EKey can be issued.
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [7-Aug-2014 5:30-7:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [1-Aug-2014 5:30 - 11:30pm] Banner Systems Outage
- [15-Jul-2014] Campus wide password change
- CCIT Announcements
- [30-Jun-2014 3:00pm until 7:00am 1-Jul-2014] Self-Service Banner (SSB) Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.