Getting Started With Campus Computing
Welcome to Mines! Here's what new students, faculty, and staff need to know about computer accounts and other IT resources on campus.
Note: Our system for assigning new usernames and setting up passwords is changing during March 2015. Details will appear here as they are available. If you need help with management of your online accounts, submit a request for help through the Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" at http://helpdesk.mines.edu.
NEW STUDENT, FACULTY, AND STAFF COMPUTING INFORMATION
Whether you are student, faculty, or staff, you will likely use these Mines computer systems as part of your job or course work. You can access them all after you claim your Mines MultiPass account.
- Trailhead Campus Portal -- one-stop access to crucial administrative and academic resources like class schedules, add/drop, grades, bills, address change, vacation and sick leave (for employees), email, Blackboard, and more at http://trailhead.mines.edu
- Linux computer labs throughout campus
- Windows computer labs and classroom podiums
- Lon-Capa, a learning-online network
- The school's Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Email Account
Students: Instructions to set up your MyMail account will follow after your Mines MultiPass account is set up. Faculty and staff: Your MultiPass credentials will be used to access your Exchange email account.
MORE INFOMATION AND HELP
- Connect your computer or phone to the campus network.
- CCIT offers a wide variety of self-help resources. Or ask us specific questions via Mines Help Center "Helpdesk."
- FAQfinder answers general questions about Mines computing resources.
- Create a personal website that we will host for you at no charge.
- Use the computers in Mines computer labs.
SIGN UP FOR MINES EMERGENCY ALERT
Mines Emergency Alert (MEA) is an emergency-notification system that sends text and voice messages to the Mines community in the event of a declared emergency. To subscribe to MEA alerts, log in to your Trailhead account and navigate to Self-Service > Personal Information > Mines Emergency Alert System.
LEARN ABOUT COMPUTER AND NETWORK SECURITY
The Office of Information Security and Privacy works with the Mines community to increase the security of our information infrastructure, including the data network and connected hosts.
Mines offers a large number of information resources for the campus community. Events of general interest to the campus community are listed in the Mines Calendar. Campus news is available in the Mines Newsroom or via RSS feed. There's even a Mines Mobile app to bring useful news, events, sports and other information to your phone or tablet.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies:
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401
Computing Commons Front Desk:
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address:
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.