|Computing accounts are available to all Mines students, faculty, and staff while they are actively enrolled or employed at the university. These services continue during summer breaks and over other periods that may include normal school holidays, study abroad, internships, sabbaticals or extended leave. Special arrangements may need to be made during semester or longer absences from campus, or any time official records may indicate inactive employment or academic status.|
CCIT Account Quick FAQ
To begin, all new Mines students, faculty, and staff should claim their MultiPass account. This can be done in one process using the directions issued to you on or before your arrival at Mines. (If you have lost, or never received, such information, please contact campus Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies via the Mines Help Center "Helpdesk" and we'll sort things out for you.)
- How do I activate my MultiPass account? (http://ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-Getting-Started)
- What if there is a problem with my campus username? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq134)
- Password change tool (https://identity.mines.edu)
- How do I change my passwords? (http://ccit.mines.edu/CCIT-Change-Password)
- What makes a good password? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq081).
- How do I create a personal web page? (http://inside.mines.edu/CCIT-Personal-Web-Sites).
- How do I change my MultiPass password? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq022).
- What types of quotas exist and what are they? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq024).
- How do I access Blackboard the first time? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq054).
- How do I access files in my Windows (formerly "ADIT") account from my home computer? (http://inside.mines.edu/faq007).
Computing Accounts for Active Members of the Mines Community
- Many Linux servers on campus, such as Imagine, Illuminate, Pebble, Faraday (Voodoo) and Fermat, can be accessed by authorized users with MultiPass login credentials. Isengard, also accessible via MultiPass, provides access to general Linux system resources like shells, compilers, and applications.
- The campuswide Windows domain, ADIT, is also accessed via MultiPass. This login is used for Windows computers in classrooms and labs, and for desktop machines around campus and in most departments. Faculty and staff need this account prior to requesting their Mines Exchange Email account, which is itself accessed using MultiPass credentials.
- Trailhead is the campus e-portal. You will log via MultiPass for access to employment information, class schedules, and much more.
- Blackboard is an e-learning system available to faculty, staff and registered students who have active Mines email accounts. Instructors may expect and require access to course material online via Blackboard. Get started here (http://inside.mines.edu/faq060). Blackboard does not currently use MultiPass for access (though such access is coming).
Account Management Tips
- Keep passwords and other account credentials private.
- Choose a good password (http://inside.mines.edu/faq081).
- Watch your disk quotas (http://inside.mines.edu/faq024).
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [4-Jun-2015 5:30-8:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [28-May-2015 11:30am-2:30pm] Banner/ODS/Luminis Development Systems Monthly Maintenance
- [15-May-2015 7:30pm through ~ 9:00am 16-May-2015] Banner Systems Outage
- [13-May-2015 8:00am through ~ 12:00pm 14-May-2015] Banner ROCK Test System Outage
- [8-May-15 5:00 - 7:00 PM] Berthoud Hall network maintenance
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.