The mission of the information infrastructure at Mines is to support and promote the scholarship of students and faculty. The role of Campus Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT) is to fulfill this mission through effective design, implementation, delivery, support, and use of computing and networking resources.
CCIT manages and operates the campus network along with central academic computing systems and all computing laboratories. The academic & administrative department support services group provides support services for many departmental servers, laboratories, and desktops. Please visit the Arthur Lakes Library site for information about electronic library resources. Information about computer science classes and professors is available from the Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences department within the College of Engineering & Computational Sciences.
CCIT is divided into the following key areas:
- Computing and Networking Infrastructure, led by Dr. Phil Romig III, is responsible for networking, telecommunications, information security, computer facilities and operations, academic computing, and central systems and server administration.
- Client and Web Services is headed by Gina Boice. This area handles central web services, the Mines Help Center, and provides support services for central and department computer labs, classroom technologies, computer/lab equipment integration, office computers, and the general user community.
- High Performance and Research Computing is managed by Dr. Tim Kaiser. This area oversees the management and operation of HPC systems and provide associated research computing support.
- Enterprise Systems is led by David Lee. This area supports central databases, enterprise applications such as Banner, lock and security systems, e-mail, and calendaring along with more focused academic and administrative systems such as the Blackboard Learning Management System and the ARMS parking management system.
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [23-OCT-14 @ 10:30am] Brief Trailhead Outage
- October 20th Student Password Change Email
- [3-Oct-2014 5:30 until ~ 6:00pm] Banner Systems Outage
- [2-Oct-2014 5:30-7:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [17-Sep-2014 7:00 - 8:00pm] Banner Systems Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.