The mission of the information infrastructure at Mines is to support and promote the scholarship of students and faculty. The role of Campus Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT) is to fulfill this mission through effective design, implementation, delivery, support, and use of computing and networking resources.
CCIT manages and operates the campus network along with central academic computing systems and all computing laboratories. The academic & administrative department support services group provides support services for many departmental servers, laboratories, and desktops. Please visit the Arthur Lakes Library site for information about electronic library resources. Information about computer science classes and professors is available from the Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences department within the College of Engineering & Computational Sciences.
CCIT is divided into the following key areas:
- The Classroom Technologies team is managed by Sara Schwarz. This group handles departmental and central computer labs, classroom technologies, AV services, and laboratory equipment integration.
- The Client Services team is managed by Ed Zucker. This area handles central web services, the Mines Help Center, various web services, and management of the CTLM building.
- Computing and Networking Infrastructure, directed by Dr. Phil Romig III, is responsible for networking, telecommunications, information security, computer facilities and operations, academic computing, and central systems and server administration.
- High Performance and Research Computing is directed by Dr. Tim Kaiser. This area oversees the management and operation of HPC systems and provides associated research-computing support.
- Enterprise Systems is directed by David Lee. This area supports central databases, enterprise applications such as Banner, lock and security systems, e-mail, and calendaring along with more focused academic and administrative systems such as the Blackboard Learning Management System and the ARMS parking management system.